SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT Program
Our Supported Employment Program provides a job preparation class, job development and job coaching services. The goal is to empower clients to attain careers in their community.
This Program Offers
Job Prep Class
- What does employment look like and understanding workplace expectations
- How to apply for a job, prepare for an interview, and more
- Four sessions over four weeks
- Initial interview to learn more about you: work history, interests, transportation and more
- Weekly development meetings
- Collaboration in searching and applying for jobs
- Interview Prep
- This is a 3-6 month internship with a community business that includes one-to-one job coaching support with the goal of employment at the end. Through this process clients learn job tasks and work on employment goals.
- One-to-One support through job coaching
- Job support geared towards full independence in the first 6-12 months
- We don't stop after your first placement, we are focused towards finding the right job for you. This job might be the first step in your career development.
At ICAN our goal is to work alongside you and help you with your employment search and retention. Therefore, clients desiring to apply should note the following requirements:
- Clients are responsible for their own transportation
- Able to communicate their wants and needs
- Must actively participate in the job search and application process
- Able to operate independently in an integrated setting
All potential clients must request a referral from their regional center service coordinator prior to completing the ICAN interview and intake packet. ICAN must receive a referral before scheduling an interview or accepting a client into our program.