Volunteer With Us
ICAN is a unique nonprofit where every event we host is put on almost entirely by wonderful volunteers. Our volunteers get to choose which events they would like to attend for as long as there is availability.
Twice a month we do fun events in the community from baseball games, museum trips, festivals, and more.
Once a month we head to the theater to get lunch and see a movie on a Sunday.
Winter Camp is a three-day trip to Big Bear where we get to enjoy the snow! Summer Camp is a week-long adventure to the mountains in San Diego where we do fun outdoor activities like horseback riding, zipline, pool time, and more. Our summer camps are put on by collaborating with local churches.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Most events are a 6-hour time commitment
- Live Scan and intake meeting required
- Most events are free, just bring money for lunch
- Transportation to and from our site for events is provided
- Volunteers under 15 must volunteer with a legal guardian
- We strive to maintain a 3 to 1 client to staff ratio